Northeast Surfing Academy is located on Nantasket Beach, in Hull, MA. We are located on the beach at 99 Hull Shore Drive (see our beach stand). We provide paddleboard lessons seven days a week between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm. You can book a lesson by calling, online or visiting us on the beach. From June 1, to September 30th every year we are open for surf and paddleboarding lessons.
The fast-growing sport of stand up paddleboarding (SUP) is a fun, easy way play in New England, rivers, bays, and surf. With simply a board and paddle, you can float along all waters. Paddleboarding offers an amazing full body workout and is becoming a favorite cross-training activity for surfers, kiteboarders, wakeboarders, skiers, snowboarders and other athletes. And since you're standing at full height, views are excellent as you gaze upon sea creatures to the horizon. It's almost like walking on water! We can teach you the right way whether you want to ride waves or paddle through flat oceans.
Our goal: As a major Northeast Surf Company with over 25 years experience in surf sports, is to help newcomers to our sport understand the rules of the waters, respect, and safety. We want paddleboarders to understand the idea behind paddleboarding, learn the how to of the sport, while having fun in the water. Paddleboarding Can be soul searching and allow adults and children the opportunity to understand more about life.
The Paddleboarding Lessons: Everything starts with the basics. In paddleboarding, nothing beats a good groundwork of fundamental skills, as this will make the learning process easier and a lot more fun. Moreover, getting those basics right during the early stages of learning will help improve your performance, giving you more confidence before actually riding a wave, or cruising the bay and flat oceans. Learning the basics in a lesson is definitely to your advantage as it will make the learning process easier and much quicker. In this section, know the different skills you need to learn in Paddleboarding:
- Safety - Accredited and Certified by the NSSIA we take safety very seriously. We will teach all students of all ages how to be safer in the ocean. Because if your NOT safe you can't have fun.
- Body & Board Positioning – Having the right position will improve board stability. This is also in preparation for the technique that every beginner wants to do, Standing on a board.
- Getting into the Water – After assuming the right position of your body on the board while on the beach, you can move on to the real playground. Learn how to get into the water with your board.
- Paddling – Paddling with the correct form is one of the most important techniques to learn in Paddleboarding. In this section, learn how to paddle and pick up some pointers on how to make paddling efficient.
- Catching a Wave – You obviously cannot surf a paddleboard without knowing how to catch a wave correctly. In this section, pick up some helpful tips on how to catch an unbroken wave. Catching waves is for your second or third lesson with us only.
- Wipeout – In the Surfing world, Wipeout means falling off your Surfboard. This can lead to injuries, so it is important to be very cautious when wiping out. Even on flat oceans you must know how to protect yorself during a fall.
- Standing on the paddleboard (on flat ocean) – You have reached the final phase where you culminate everything you have learned. But before you try to stand up on your board out in the water, make sure you know where and how to stand on the board.
Prices - Paddleboarding Lessons – lessons include the NSSIA lesson, wetsuit and surfboard. Classes are 1-5, private 1-1.
Paddleboard Lessons –
- 1 person taking an One hour 15 minutes Lesson $70.00 per person
- 2 to 5 People together 1 hour, 20 min lesson $65.00 per person
- 6 to 10 People together 1 hour, 20 min lesson $50.00 per person
- Private Lesson (one on one) for 1 hour, 15 min $120.00 per person
- Winter Lesson for 1 hour, 15 min $150.00pp (Oct 1st – May 31st)
- Add person – to any plan for an extra $65.00 (except private lessons)
Definition of Programs -
- Class Lesson - Class of students together or strangers in same class (surfing 3) (paddleboarding 4)
- Private Lesson - One instructor per student, one on one instruction only.
- Group Lesson - Groups of 6 or more students arriving together.
- Camp / Week Academy - Any 5 day programs.
- Tour or Cruise - An advanced lesson with a coastline adventure.
- Rentals - Any payments given in return for use of equipment.